From my heart...

Saturday, December 29

I am really surprised that I am completing this part because I am compelled to give out of love...my love for God and my love for His people; not for any special award or accolade. However, I understand that in the "networking world," sharing this information has a weight of its own. Even when I am abased, I cannot imagine my life without charity. I am not a philanthropist, but I am making my way there. I am an artist with words and I seek to use that gift and give back to God and His creation.
I have been a mentor since 1995, currently with Big Brothers and Big Sisters SEPA. I have a homeless feeding project called, It's a Love Thing, in which I organize volunteers and meals to feed the homeless on Christmas Day at Love Park (Philadelphia). I wrote a play that will be used to raise money for a domestic violence shelter. Recently, I have been in contact with the National Domestic Violence Hotline as the book of poetry that I am completing will be used to help raise money for that awareness program.
I enjoy being a volunteer. There is nothing like seeing a smile on someone's face. I have shared this passion with my sons and it brings me great joy that they have an eagerness to give. I have never been attached to money, especially so much that I refuse to give. I am a steward of time, but not the owner of it. Therefore, how I can I not share what has been lovingly been given by God? My hope is to inspire others to follow suit.

Replies to This Posting

1. There is nothing to display yet, check back soon.